Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Day 3

We had another very full day serving alongside City Impact staff. Students broke into their ministry groups and worked really hard today. Here are some stories from our students about their experiences so far... 

First, Mindy Chen (10)... 

I am extremely grateful for this opportunity that I have been blessed with. I worked with kindergarteners


on Tuesday, helping them with schoolwork and reading to them. It is amazing how energetic and hardworking the kids are despite not being the most privileged. Sorting through the clothes in the Design Lab on Monday, I realized how lucky I was to be able to make choices. Choices on what to wear, what clothes to buy were all privileges that I have been taking for granted. It's important to always be grateful and thank God.

Second, Jamily Lee (12)...


Yesterday we served at the City Academy. I’ve always loved working with kids so I challenged myself to get out of my “comfort zone.” I worked with Janet, an eight grader who clearly didn’t want any help. She seemed mad and she turned her head away from me. As I sat there, I prayed to God to give me a wisdom
to help her and to soften her heart. I’m so glad that she allowed me to help her with assignments after 5 minutes. Praise the Lord! I ended up helping her with math and Bible homework, and she even opened up about her family and friends! 
 

We ended our service time early today to hear about SF City Impacts child sponsorship program. They also talked about summer internship opportunities at City Impact. You can find out more information here...

Sponsorship Program: https://www.sponsor.sfcityimpact.com/

Intership: https://sfcityimpact.com/volunteer

Here are photos from today... https://photos.app.goo.gl/G85D16e6JANEWxmy5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 5

Today, we served City Impact one last time by cleaning all the dorms for the next group coming to serve. After breakfast Mr. Joslyn shared a...